logo.png

Are you having issues setting up a server? Go ahead and order from our partner SurvivalServers.com they have everything up and running. Here's a quick peek at their control panel which has lots of customization options for your PixARK server!

DI8X4aB.png

mYARI5n.png

So you are the do-it-yourselfer type, eh? Follow along below!

Hey there, I am making this fan created community forum post to explain how to create your own local, hosted private server on the same computer as your game. Would have posted this on the official Steam forum but it is overran by other posts. Also noticed a couple of the hosts had guides (Survival Servers, GTX Gaming, etc) but they were not fully fleshed out. So here we go.

Do I need SteamCMD?

Yes, it is advised to download SteamCMD and first setup a directory.

1. Download SteamCMD from https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip and put it in your directory of choosing, for this example we'll use
    c:\pixarkserver

Create a folder within that folder

c:\pixarkserver\steamcmd

And put the steamcmd.exe file inside

2. Run the steamcmd.exe, it will fetch some files and then type exit

3. Now you have a blank c:\pixarkserver and a c:\pixarkserver\steamcmd with some files in it

4. Fetch the files from the PixARK official server app id from SteamCMD

start "" steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login username password  +force_install_dir "C:\pixarkserver" +app_update 824360 validate +quit

Replace username with your Steam username
    Replace password with your Steam password
    Save as update.bat

5. Run update.bat and it will take about 20 minutes to fetch all files from Steam (on a fast connection) it's a few GB in size

6. Voila! Now you have PixARK server files ready for local hosting.

Creating the Server!

Where can i find my "PixARKServer.exe" file?

This file is located in this folder (assuming you have followed the guide above!)

c:/pixarkserver/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/PixARKServer.exe

Setting up the .bat file!

So, we want to create a bat file to Start the PixARKServer.exe and put in some commands.

Create launch.bat file in c:/pixarkserver using Notepad or some other editor

Open it up and copy the following:

start "" /NORMAL "C:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PixARKServer.exe" "CubeWorld_Light?listen?MaxPlayers=YOURMAXPLAYERS?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?RCONPort=27017?SessionName=YOURHOSTNAME?ServerAdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD?CULTUREFORCOOKING=en" -NoBattlEye -NoHangDetection -CubePort=27018 -cubeworld=YOURWORLDNAME -Seed=YOURRANDOMSEED -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Make sure that you change the capslock texts:

YOURHOSTNAME: This is the name of your Server in all lists etc.
YOURADMINPASSWORD: This is the Password a Player needs to type into the console to use cheat/admin commands.
YOURMAXPLAYERS: This is the amount of Players that are allowed to connect to the Server. Max is 70.

Now the file should look something like this:

2018-03-26_12h35_29.png.cdfade3a04596eda2fb5f3683b933c0f.png

Setting up the config file!

I don't really know if this is overdoing it, but we will also put settings into the config file.

Where can i find that file?

c:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

and it is called "GameUserSettings.ini"

My whole file looks like this:

[ServerSettings]
ServerAdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD
RCONPort=28017
StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=1.000000
ResourceDropQuantityMultiplier=1.000000
ResourceRefreshPeriodMultiplier=1.000000
BlueprintTimeToCraftMultiplier=1.000000
TimeForFullRepairMultiplier=1.000000
RaidDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000
PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.000000
KickIdlePlayersPeriod=3600.000000
PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=1.000000
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15.000000
ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000
MaxTamedDinos=5000.000000
RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600.000000
AllowHitMarkers=True

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameUserSettings]
MasterAudioVolume=1.000000
MusicAudioVolume=1.000000
SFXAudioVolume=1.000000
VoiceAudioVolume=1.000000
CameraShakeScale=0.500000
bFirstPersonRiding=False
bAutoThirdPersonRiding=False
bThirdPersonPlayer=False
bShowStatusNotificationMessages=True
TrueSkyQuality=0.700000
FOVMultiplier=1.000000
GroundClutterDensity=1.000000
bFilmGrain=True
bMotionBlur=False
bUseDFAO=False
bUseSSAO=True
bShowChatBox=True
bCameraViewBob=True
bInvertLookY=False
bFloatingNames=True
bChatBubbles=True
bHideServerInfo=False
bJoinNotifications=False
bCraftablesShowAllItems=True
bLocalInventoryShowAllItems=False
bRemoteInventoryShowAllItems=False
bUseAutoJump=False
LookLeftRightSensitivity=1.000000
LookUpDownSensitivity=1.000000
GraphicsQuality=1
ActiveLingeringWorldTiles=7
ClientNetQuality=3
LastServerSearchType=0
LastDLCTypeSearchType=-1
LastServerSearchHideFull=False
LastServerSearchProtected=False
HideItemTextOverlay=False
ItemSimpleTextInfo=True
bDistanceFieldShadowing=True
LODScalar=1.000000
bToggleToTalk=False
HighQualityMaterials=True
HighQualitySurfaces=True
bTemperatureF=False
bDisableTorporEffect=False
bChatShowSteamName=False
bChatShowTribeName=True
EmoteKeyBind1=0
EmoteKeyBind2=0
bNoBloodEffects=False
bLowQualityVFX=False
bSpectatorManualFloatingNames=False
bSuppressAdminIcon=False
bUseSimpleDistanceMovement=False
bDisableMeleeCameraSwingAnims=False
bHighQualityAnisotropicFiltering=False
bPreventInventoryOpeningSounds=False
bPreventItemCraftingSounds=False
bPreventHitMarkers=False
bPreventColorizedItemNames=False
bHighQualityLODs=False
bExtraLevelStreamingDistance=False
bEnableColorGrading=True
DOFSettingInterpTime=0.000000
bDisableBloom=False
bDisableLightShafts=False
LastPVESearchType=-1
TriggerTutorialStatus[0]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[1]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[2]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[3]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[4]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[5]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[6]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[7]=0
TriggerTutorialStatus[8]=0
DisappearableTutorialIndex=0
UseLoadingForGameTerrain=1
bUseVSync=False
MacroCtrl0=
MacroCtrl1=
MacroCtrl2=
MacroCtrl3=
MacroCtrl4=
MacroCtrl5=
MacroCtrl6=
MacroCtrl7=
MacroCtrl8=
MacroCtrl9=
ResolutionSizeX=1280
ResolutionSizeY=720
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1280
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=720
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=False
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1

[/Game/Mods/CubeWorld/Blueprints/CW_GameMode.CW_GameMode_C]
bCanPvPAttack=True
AutoPvPAttackStartDateTime=(PVPAttackDayOfWeek=Saturday,PVPAttackHour=0,PVPAttackMinute=0,PVPAttackSecond=0)
AutoPvPAttackStopDateTime=(PVPAttackDayOfWeek=Sunday,PVPAttackHour=23,PVPAttackMinute=59,PVPAttackSecond=59)
IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalMultiplier=1.000000
IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalBaseAmount=30.000000
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True

[SessionSettings]
SessionName=YOURHOSTNAME

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
MaxPlayers=YOURMAXPLAYERS

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=73
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=1
sg.PostProcessQuality=2
sg.TextureQuality=2
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.TrueSkyQuality=3
sg.GroundClutterQuality=3
sg.IBLQuality=1
sg.HeightFieldShadowQuality=1
sg.GroundClutterRadius=10000

Make sure you change the capslocks text.

YOURHOSTNAME: This is the name of your Server in all lists etc.
YOURADMINPASSWORD: This is the Password a Player needs to type into the console to use cheat/admin commands.
YOURMAXPLAYERS: This is the amount of Players that are allowed to connect to the Server. Max is 70.

Save the file and you should be good to go on configuration changes.

Hosting the Server!

Check your Ports!

Make sure that you open the ports 27015 and 27016 and 27017 on both your router and your Windows Firewall!
This is important, but i can't really help here, since this depends on the router you are using.

27015 is game port
27016 is Steam query port (what you use to look up in server list etc)
27017 is RCON port (what you use third party tools to connect with)

Starting the Server!

Move back to the .bat File folder and double click the .bat file. This should create a small CMD window after a few seconds, which looks like this and will always stay like this:

pPYqpC4.png

With this, the Server is running. It will take a few MINUTES for it to be fully registered with the ARK master server to show up in the Server Lists.

Joining the Server!

Others Joining the Server!

The first (and most obvious) method is to find the server in the in-game server list.

bOViqJB.png

Second method - Steam Server Browser (CURRENTLY DOES NOT WORK, STUCK ON CHARACTER CREATION LOADING)

First of all, make sure that the Server is running by doing the following:

Open up your main Steam window and open the upper left tab called "View". There should be a point called "Server" which opens the good old server browser from Steam. Go to "LAN" and select ARK as a Game in the lower left filter. Refresh the List until you see your Server, this can take some time.

USCRxxY.png

DRCNOYZ.png

And yes, you are seeing your own Server as a LAN Server. We will get to this in a sec.

As soon as you see the Server, you know it is up and running!

After you see your own Server in the Lan List, you can find your server using one of the following third party resources:

Finding your IP

In the upper right search field, search for your Server, either by the Name you set for it or by using your IP (not the local one, use "whatismyip.com" to find out what your IP is).

At least THERE you should find it. Otherwise there is something fishy with the Ports i guess.

If you found it, click on it and send your friends the link to your Server. Tell them to close the Game and click on the IP. Clicking on the IP will let them Connect to the Server.

This is how my friend joined my Server and it worked. It could also work through the normal UNOFFICIAL Server List or the Steam Internet Server List, but this is how it worked for us.

Joining the Server yourself!

(Note: It seems like you only need to do this once. After that, my server always appears in the "MySurvivors" list directly!)

Once the Server shows up in LAN, start your game. Move to the ServerList and search for "UNOFFICIAL" Servers and make sure you hit the "Password Protected Server" thingy. Let the Search finish and make sure that you CAN'T SEE the server in this list. 

Then change the search filter from "UNOFFICIAL" to "MY SURVIVORS". Waiting a few seconds and you should see your own server.

Additionally you can use one of the three methods above.

Admin Commands and additional Server Settings!

You can find a list of admin commands (that you can type in through the console) and Server Settings Here.
I tested things like "cheat god" or "cheat fly" and they are working. Also the "MapPlayerLocation=True" in the bat file
and the config file seems to work. Sadly not the Crosshair.
To add these commands to the bat file:

Behind the last "Password=YOURADMINPASSWORD" section, add something like this:

?ShowMapPlayerLocation=True

No space between this and the Password (the ? is important), but a space between the rest "-nosteamclient....".

Troubleshooting!

How to update my SteamCMD Server after ARK was updated?

Go ahead and launch the update.bat file again. It will first verify files and then update them immediately.

I can't find my own Server in the List?

First of all, which list?

If you can't find it in the LAN list, make sure that you at least waited 5 minutes.
Could even take more time. The Server needs time to register with the Master Server from ARK.
If it is still not visible, check the Settings and .bat file again. Maybe you misstyped something. 
Also make sure that your Ports are forwarded!

If you can't find it in the UNOFFICIAL list inside of the game, this is normal. You won't find it yourself.
You still need to search for it with the correct filter settings (Check Password Secured Servers if needed), although it
won't find the Server. This is a work around for Server Hosts, because they can't find their own Server without.

After you received the UNOFFICIAL Server list, switch the Filter from UNOFFICIAL to My Survivors. After a few seconds
the Server should show up. If not, please check the whole tutorial and make sure that everything is running to this point.
If everything seems correct, but the Server is not showing up, i guess you still have problems with your Ports.
Check if others can find and join your server (the normal way. They don't need the workaround).

There's also a known bug of some servers not even showing up on the unofficial server list.

Additional Information!

This is how it works for me. I hope it will do the same for you. I can't really give your support here, since i'm not a developer of this game. Please be nice to each other and the Devs, and let us enjoy this awesome game!

Make sure you disable BattlEye for now with -NoBattlEye from launch param. This is a current bug with the version which is hopefully fixed soon.

I am getting a bunchload of warnings when starting the server.

[2018.03.27-10.28.07:782][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamCreateServer::Finalize SessionId 90113972206114821
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:786][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Empty session setting ClusterId  :OnlineService of type String
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:789][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SESSIONFLAGS:683 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:791][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SessionName_s:divine-pride.net - (v1.3) overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:793][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,GameMode_s:CW_GameMode_C overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:795][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,CUBEWARTYPE_i:0 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:798][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,DayTime_s:00:00 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:800][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,MATCHTIMEOUT_f:120.000000 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:805][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SEARCHKEYWORDS_s:Custom overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:807][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,CUSTOMSERVERNAME_s:divine-pride.net overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:810][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,ServerPassword_b:false overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:812][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,BuildId_s:1 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:815][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,MINORBUILDID_s:3 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:818][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,ALLOWDOWNLOADCHARS_i:1 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:821][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,ALLOWDOWNLOADITEMS_i:1 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:823][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SERVERUSESBATTLEYE_b:false overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:826][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,OFFICIALSERVER_i:0 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:828][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,SESSIONISPVE_i:1 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.07:831][ 43]LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,Networking_i:0 overflows Steam SetGameTags call
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:207][ 54]BrickWorldLog:Warning: running exceed. APrimalBrickGrid::Tick use 5.022474 ms.
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:306][ 57]BrickWorldLog:Warning: running exceed. APrimalBrickGrid::Tick use 5.225226 ms.
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:374][ 59]BrickWorldLog:Warning: running exceed. APrimalBrickGrid::Tick use 5.628429 ms.
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:406][ 60]BrickWorldLog:Warning: running exceed. APrimalBrickGrid::Tick use 5.283847 ms.
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:512][ 61]CubeWorldServer:Warning: running exceed. cubesvr::CCubeworldStateMachaine::SaveHelper::CheckSave use 75.995548 ms
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:515][ 61]CubeWorldServer:Warning: running exceed. game_machine_loop use 78.745761 ms
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:517][ 61]CubeWorldServer:Warning: running exceed. cubeworld_main_loop use 81.211046 ms
[2018.03.27-10.28.08:520][ 61]BrickWorldLog:Warning: running exceed. APrimalBrickGrid::Tick use 83.568811 ms.

But it ticks now with this

[2018.03.27-10.30.06:331][595]LogOnline: Async task 'FOnlineAsyncTaskSteamUpdateServer bWasSuccessful: 1 Session: HOSTNAME - (v1.3)' completed in 0.0095
26 seconds with 1

Edited by mrdiablo

Hey, thanks so much for this and being a proactive member of the community :-)

I posted this on Steam also, but for completeness:

Two things...

1. The section that talks about the downloading of the PixArk server via SteamCMD has the contents of the file showing:

start "" steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir "C:\pixarkserver" +app_update 824360 validate +quit

The 'username password' bit doesn't work for me (and many others), try replacing it with just 'anonymous'.

2. Sorry for the double post...however right now MANY people trying to get a dedicated server setup are experiencing hanging at the server loading screen. This is now in a separate thread here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/593600/discussions/0/1697168437879662035/

Thanks again :-)

22 minutes ago, Kody Gloval said:

Hey, thanks so much for this and being a proactive member of the community :-)

I posted this on Steam also, but for completeness:

Two things...

1. The section that talks about the downloading of the PixArk server via SteamCMD has the contents of the file showing:

start "" steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir "C:\pixarkserver" +app_update 824360 validate +quit

The 'username password' bit doesn't work for me (and many others), try replacing it with just 'anonymous'.

2. Sorry for the double post...however right now MANY people trying to get a dedicated server setup are experiencing hanging at the server loading screen. This is now in a separate thread here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/593600/discussions/0/1697168437879662035/

Thanks again :-)

hello, your for yout first question, you can solve it with anonymous login.

start "" steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "C:\pixarkserver" +app_update 824360 validate +quit

Hello! =) I'm trying to start our own servers but im having some problems, and y need some help pls

when people try to entry in my server, the server dont load, or dont start. 

is all time in the same windows waiting. 

i tried in other servers and works well.

The screem of the server is the last picture.

Thanks you people! 

20180327125359_1.jpg

pixark.png

i have installed 3 servers in 3 of our machines and always the same resoult, if someone could help pls. We are a important comunity of servers and we are stoped by this problem we need some help. 

Thank you everyone! 

Server shows up in Steam, I try to connect and it just puts me into my SP world? Get out of SP and it says "Network failure Message" "Unable to query server info for invite"

This is a Dedicated Server running on my own Network (LAN).

1 hour ago, CACASHER said:
ERROR! Failed to install app '824360' (No subscription)

I soved that by logging in with steamcmd as anonymous instead of username and password, but I'm having issues with joining my server, so I'm not sure if this is a proper solution.

52 minutes ago, PixARK Forum said:

Replace 824360 with 593600 for the Steam app id in your update.bat

Failed to install App 593600

Well it wasn't the app id at all.

start "" /NORMAL "C:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PixARKServer.exe" "CubeWorld_Light?listen?MaxPlayers=YOURMAXPLAYERS?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?RCONPort=27017?SessionName=YOURHOSTNAME?ServerAdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD?CULTUREFORCOOKING=en" -NoBattlEye -NoHangDetection -CubePort=27018 -cubeworld=YOURRANDOMSEED -nosteamclient -game -server -log

Should help :)

I can see my Server on LAN through STEAM, I try to connect and it asks me for my password then it loads me into SP. Once leaving SP I have this message "Network Failure Message" "Unable to quesry server info for invite" :(

Edited by Drizit

11 minutes ago, Drizit said:

I can see my Server on LAN through STEAM, I try to connect and it asks me for my password then it loads me into SP. Once leaving SP I have this message "Network Failure Message" "Unable to quesry server info for invite" :(

Same thing happening still, dedicated server does NOT work.

I am not the only one having issues.

we need support, dedicated servers dont works, when the client join, they are all time loading to spawn in the server, can create his player but when try to spawn they are all time loading.

Pls we need help. 

• Like 1

Additional to your gameport, queryport and rconport just forward Port 14999 for your server and your problems should be solved.

I had the same issue with an infinite connect screen after creating my character. Forwarding the additional port solved the problem.

2 minutes ago, zeitglanz said:

Additional to your gameport, queryport and rconport just forward Port 14999 for your server and your problems should be solved.

I had the same issue with an infinite connect screen after creating my character. Forwarding the additional port solved the problem.

This does not solve 'my' issue.

7 minutes ago, Drizit said:

This does not solve 'my' issue.

Could you post your complete server start command line? 

Edited by zeitglanz

start "" /NORMAL "C:\pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PixARKServer.exe" "CubeWorld_Light?listen?MaxPlayers=10?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?RCONPort=27017?SessionName=MYSERVERNAME?ServerAdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD" -NoBattlEye -nosteamclient -game -server -log

And yes I changed the info in it that needed to be changed

Edited by Drizit

Well I guess I will just wait until they give us a dedicated server that works.

This really sucks.

I've been having the same issue, we've seen a couple ports such as 14999,15824 and 20301 getting blocked during a connection attempt but opening these has done nothing. we have also attempted to use the client server.exe just to see if that would help and we still get stuck at the loading screen.

I have an odd feeling that this is a Windows 10 issue.

I have been talking to a person that is running 37 dedicated servers with zero issues and the only difference is he is running Windows Server 2008 and I am running Windows 10.

Make sure you are joining the server via the in-game server list. All other join methods result in infinite character loading issue

After further investigation, we found someone that seems to have narrowed down the issue, have tested and implemented this  and it works 
image.png.3b38cf366b8bd756bba0189224165287.png

2 minutes ago, orcrkinky said:

After further investigation, we found someone that seems to have narrowed down the issue, have tested and implemented this  and it works 
image.png.3b38cf366b8bd756bba0189224165287.png

Essentially worthless info there!

I've updated the instructions many times so you guys should really try re-going through that and make sure you are in-game joining.

Joining the Server yourself!

(Note: It seems like you only need to do this once. After that, my server always appears in the "MySurvivors" list directly!)

Once the Server shows up in LAN, start your game. Move to the ServerList and search for "UNOFFICIAL" Servers and make sure you hit the "Password Protected Server" thingy. Let the Search finish and make sure that you CAN'T SEE the server in this list. 

Then change the search filter from "UNOFFICIAL" to "MY SURVIVORS". Waiting a few seconds and you should see your own server.

Additionally you can use one of the three methods above.

First, you need to actually LOG into a server and create a survivor for it to show in the "my survivors" list, care to elaborate on how you are doing this? or is it something that isnt working yet?

the guide assumes this has already been done. how can it have been done, if you are setting up the server for the first time, following the guide hehe?

Me personally i cannot load into my server at all. Everyone else in my twitch channel has, no issues they are having the time of their lives playing together, as i sit, and finagle with anything possible just trying to get beyond the "network error, cannot something the query port" error.

Edited by inzainia

And if you cannot find your server in the in game server list?

I am trying to connect to my own dedicated server on my own LAN using the Steam Server/Lan function.

Edited by Drizit

ok any info on how to do this? here is my stup if it helps.

one pc playing game, another pc hosting server(have tried it local also no change) all ports forwarded, everyone outside can connect (proof ports are correct)

game shows in steam server list. 

everyone else sees the game listed ingame, in the games server list under unofficial password protected. 

i load game, sit in list, for 5 mins, refresh a few times just to give it a chance, scroll though list, my server is NOT there for me.

no use going to survivors as i havent made one yet to find, but i do it anyway and it shows 2 official servers i logged into just to make sure net was proper.

is there a way to create a character on your own server in this instance so that i can use the methods you listed to join?

Edited by inzainia

Hey,

Would anyone mind making a video on this ? Im probs a bit of a noob when it comes to making servers like this even though i tried loads haha. It must just be me but it would be really helpful to so many ppl and there is no videos on youtube for this currently :D

12 hours ago, JasonJay said:

Hey,

Would anyone mind making a video on this ? Im probs a bit of a noob when it comes to making servers like this even though i tried loads haha. It must just be me but it would be really helpful to so many ppl and there is no videos on youtube for this currently :D

Is reading that complicated? 

This 'guide' is still SEVERELY lacking! I would expect an admin of an official forum of a newly released title to have a LOT more information to offer! 

You really need to address some of the commands you are using in the start.bat file and add a session name to the unneeded double quotes it starts with. As well as what a person is supposed to do with the power that is the GUS.ini file! 

You're essentially starting instructing the unknowing how to do half the job, and not teaching them anything. Leading to infinite confusion, questions, and the obvious frustrations! 

1.png

I am also getting the same kind of "success". Any help on that? The server isn't showing up in the game. :/

Edited by I am a cookie
Added the quote.

Alright so I got my server up and running, I'm locally able to join and my colleagues are able to join externally. We had fun for a good 3 hours yesterday and wanted to play some more today. Tried logging in but couldn't find the server through "my survivors". When I connected through the steam server browser>Lan again I had to re-create my character again. My friends connected and their's was fine. When I walked up to my building, my old character was just chilling there. 

I logged out and checked "my survivors" again but still no servers. I re-connected through steam's server browser and had to re-create my survivor again. Any ideas?

The problem is i'm from vietnam and when i create server the game take my private ip not public ip i think that's the reason why i can see it on the lan server steam but can't see it on the game ?? Is there any ideals to fix this problem ?i've try port , nat and routing my ip but it's not work

may i know how to make networking_i from 0 to 1 at the server console message ?? what are the command to use on bat or ini for changing it to 1
i wan it for some reason, since all official server have it on 1, some unofficial dedicated server have it on 1 as well, it must be a way to do it ...

LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Server setting ,Networking_i:0 overflows Steam SetGameTags call

For those of you that cannot connect to your own server or see it in the in game server browser here is the fix.

Add your server as a favorite through Steam (ip and port - Example: 192.167.0.134:27015) and then when you go back into PixARK you will see your server added in the in game server browser under Favorites.

Edited by Drizit

Some very unhelpful responses in all of this...it doesn't help frustrated people when you say "Hey, read it and try again"...just sayin'...

One thing this guide has missed is an update to the 'Check your ports!' section. It appears that port 14999 is also required to be opened for the PixArk server. Try that, and if it doesn't work some people have said that it actually requires another 'random' port...they used netstat to identify which port was required by the PixArk.exe.

Hope that helps :-)

Can someone maybe help me?

i tried now all, unlock 2015-2017 ports in internet-provier + firewall, deactivate the complete firewall & allow ALL ports on my provider

whitelist the other ports in world.ini.. but nothing works.

i see my server in "Servers" on steam but i never find it on server-list, for my friend exactly the same

here some screen;

someone know a solution?

YDZpotO.png

26 minutes ago, skyx3 said:

Can someone maybe help me?

i tried now all, unlock 2015-2017 ports in internet-provier + firewall, deactivate the complete firewall & allow ALL ports on my provider

whitelist the other ports in world.ini.. but nothing works.

i see my server in "Servers" on steam but i never find it on server-list, for my friend exactly the same

here some screen;

someone know a solution?

YDZpotO.png

You must wait for the server to be registered in the list, this way it will appear in the list. if you do not get this ID, I repeat you will not appear in the list. Insusive I have the same problem. He does not register me if I see him. but it does not enter the server either, but it creates a new game.

I have this... http://prntscr.com/iyn5uz

Even on the same server I have an ark without problems open, so it is not a problem of ports, in my case I have everything released as you. I really do not know what the problem is. At the same time the cube world had a similar problem, but then they solved it. in this case I do not know what will be happening.

you dont know a possible fix?

i try since 4 hours so much different shit, but nothing works. why some server dont got accept by steam server list?

3 hours ago, Masatini said:

I am only getting warnings when starting the server. Same as mrdiablo

How do we fix this?

I have installed it few times without any problems

Fetch the files from the PixARK official server app id from SteamCMD

Save as update.bat

Can someone please explain this to me. I don't understand where i am supposed to fetch the files from. And where and what am i supposed to save as update.bat.

8 hours ago, Getderpified1 said:

Save as update.bat

Can someone please explain this to me. I don't understand where i am supposed to fetch the files from. And where and what am i supposed to save as update.bat.

Okay, so the quotes after start is where the file location for this is. For example, mine is "E:\pixarkserver\SteamCMD" then you continue with the "/steamcmd.exe" so for me, the line is E:\pixarkserver\SteamCMD/steamcmd.exe. Then, to my understanding, you delete the quotes around '"C:\pixarkserver"'. The part about "+login username password" means you instead put your steam id and steam password instead of "username password" respectively.

for example, if my steam user name was MAGATrump and my pass was 1234 the line would read:

start E:\pixarkserver\SteamCMD/ steamcmd .exe +login MAGATump 1234 +force_install_dir

E:\pixarkserver +app_update 824360 validate +quit

mine is "E:pixarkserver" because I install on my E drive.

You save update.bat in your steamcmd folder

I hope this helped

Edit: You should check out the video posted above, it's probably more help than I am.

Edited by MajPeaches
  • Like 1

Managed to get the server up and running, shows up in the list of servers but when I join I get stuck in a loading screen. It says I have connected to the server as well and if I use ARKon tools to kick me and I get kicked out of the loading screen.

5 hours ago, derpybrownie said:

When I put it in it says this Command not found: steamcmd/steamcmd.exe

You need to download it first and place it somewhere on your desktop

Ive got the same problem as Kadol descriped it, and ive done everything like i had to been trying to get it done for the last 5 hours

I have had the issue of the infinite login loop. Just wondering if this [2018.04.01-14.41.19:743][387]LogWorld: Writing file ../../../ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArks/Profile/76561197974202597.arkprofile. Total Time: 0.002000 seconds. which was displayed after my creating of the character(login loop).

Please can anyone get back to me with a fix?

Capture.PNG

Edited by DirtyMonkey

3 minutes ago, DirtyMonkey said:

Hello everyone. i have a fix to the problem! Your Seed needs to be a string of numbers no letters.

which string do u mean exactly?

Hold on ill paste my details

start "PixArk Server" /NORMAL "D:\Pixarkserver\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\PixARKServer.exe" CubeWorld_Light?listen?MaxPlayers=4?Multihome=192.168.0.47?Port=27015?QueryPort=27016?RCONPort=27017?SessionName=AiDsSsSs?ServerAdminPassword=PAssWORD?CULTUREFORCOOKING=en -NoBattlEye -NoHangDetection -CubePort=14999 -cubeworld=Second_Test -Seed=2452423 -nosteamclient -game -server -log

5 minutes ago, DirtyMonkey said:

Thats my start.bat Just copy and paste my Start.bat and edit to fill your needs

Seed always should to be number not letters.

1 hour ago, DirtyMonkey said:

Yes, this fixed my problem

WEll at least he created the map for once but im still with the same as before...275b891fbac1.thumb.png.6b10146fc55a192ea90b629cbdeccf34.png

6 minutes ago, Pasch said:

WEll at least he created the map for once but im still with the same as before...275b891fbac1.thumb.png.6b10146fc55a192ea90b629cbdeccf34.png

But have you tried to join the server?

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

But have you tried to join the server?

he doesnt pop up either ingame or steam

does that mean hes up?

Edited by Pasch
forgot something

34 minutes ago, Pasch said:

he doesnt pop up either ingame or steam

does that mean hes up?

What about LAN? If not so make sure you port forwarded correctly

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

What about LAN? If not so make sure you port forwarded correctly

im doing it on my root server

3 minutes ago, Pasch said:

im doing it on my root server

Can you send me PM with screenshot how your firewall with ports look like?

1 hour ago, Prophet said:

Can you send me PM with screenshot how your firewall with ports look like?

just opened 27014-27019 and 14999 TCP and UDP

3 minutes ago, Pasch said:

just opened 27014-27019 and 14999 TCP and UDP

Should to be working than fine

the funny thing:

i tried to create the server on same way on my linux-root server and this way works.

it can find my server in list and i can also connect (friends too)

maybe just a communication error between ports? i dont know, this was my solution.

Edited by skyx3

37 minutes ago, BobbyPapyto said:

Everything here doesn"t work the game always connect to local game that is freaking solo .... 

What about firewall rules have you created them as well? And use steam anonymous login to update it instead of your own credentials

8 hours ago, skyx3 said:

the funny thing:

i tried to create the server on same way on my linux-root server and this way works.

it can find my server in list and i can also connect (friends too)

maybe just a communication error between ports? i dont know, this was my solution.

Might be something wrong with ports

6 hours ago, Klonas said:

Hello i have a question .

You need to buy a game to play your server?????

Yes you do

Came here to say that changing the world seed to numbers instead of letters resolved my infinite raptor loading screen. 

You can alternatively remove that part from the launch batch file altogether to get a random seed, which is the route that I went. 

I'd been experiencing the same issue that many others here reported, specifically the server appears to launch fine but does not ever appear in the browser or Steam favorites list. It appears that, for me, this is being caused by the QueryPort argument in the suggested launch arguments.

The other thing to note is that the game appears to only utilize one of the Port or CubePort arguments - a service is not launched on both of those ports so it seems like you can use the same port for both arguments.

every time I join my server it creates a new survivor for me automatically. what did I do wrong?

10 hours ago, Rapture said:

Came here to say that changing the world seed to numbers instead of letters resolved my infinite raptor loading screen. 

You can alternatively remove that part from the launch batch file altogether to get a random seed, which is the route that I went. 

I did the same as this and it solved my issues along with removing my custom name for the map as well :)

9 minutes ago, Inbguy said:

every time I join my server it creates a new survivor for me automatically. what did I do wrong?

please help me quick

34 minutes ago, Inbguy said:

my bad: every time I join it just logs me in as bob from my singleplayer and I can't switch back

image.thumb.png.b28b69035d860731b3d2754803f929ba.png

i run private server success but i can't see my server on list server unoff...
i think step my port forwarding false. My port forwarding include Lan port and WAN port. how to port fordwarding ?

image.png.78647d57a40a26aece19b986f242e4dc.png

I am trying to run this via Steamcmd.exe but it is saying "Command not found: start" and I've double checked and everything is how it should be.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:35 PM, PixARK Forum said:

start "" steamcmd/steamcmd.exe +login username password  +force_install_dir "C:\pixarkserver" +app_update 824360 validate +quit

12 minutes ago, jeppicman said:

I am trying to run this via Steamcmd.exe but it is saying "Command not found: start" and I've double checked and everything is how it should be.

in code u would write your account
username - id steam
password - pass steam

I was able to get a server running without issue. And when I run my update script:

start "" steamcmd.exe +login user pw +force_install_dir "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\PixARK" +app_update 593600 validate +quit

It runs, and it validates. Then it completes saying "Success! App '593600' fully installed." It never allocates space, it never downloads. However I know there is an update because it says it is running version 1.5 and 1.7 is the current version. And when I try to connect, the client says that there is a version mismatch (so I cannot connect).

image.png.68ec9ca026a1927384f635b147f84d63.pngimage.png.74cef18d7c3e48cd93b1e9d60d1fdf14.png